Monday, March 28, 2011

And we're off...

Well the kids are here now (as of 5pm) and NK is acting different as usual. He's pretty mean to me when they're here. I'm not sure why, he just is. He's very... short, I guess you would call it. Does he realize that if he behaves this way every time the kids are around I'll resent the week they're here? Why would he want to do that? He barely talks to me when they're here and spends 24/7 with them.... that's not a horrible thing, as he SHOULD spend time with them... of course... but completely ignore me?  It seems he's looking to get into an argument (which I've successfully avoided) due to the fact I know him and what he's up to.  This is stupid, but if I have something on the ironing board (in the master bedroom), clothes, whatever, he'll put it on the floor when he needs to iron (and leaves it there).  I've never done that to his things. Tonight he had a pair of shorts on the ironing board.. I had to iron something so I put his shorts on the floor. (and left it there this time.. ha) ... he came in and picked them up and said "were these bothering you?"  I said "no, I did need to iron something so I put them on the floor...like you do to my things all the time .."  he shook his head and said something somewhat nasty.

Anyway, so the kids are off this week for spring break.  Woo Hoo.. should be A LOT of fun around here with NK and the kids off the entire week. I worked Sunday and today to get a couple days in because we had been planning to do something. I figured we'd leave Tuesday'ish... I don't want to uneccessarily use any PTO that I have. Finally after going back and forth with so many different things, we decided to use a friend's house in the Keys. It's a little key (island) called Summerland, which is about 20 minutes from Key West. It's a good thing too, because it's supposed to rain here all week and it's barely going to rain there.... like 20% chance.  Here it's like 80%.

Six hours in the car....   s.i.x. long hours. Please, I pray,... let this be fun... for once.  I invited my daughter along but she didn't want to go. She did at first and then changed her mind after texting crazily for 20 minutes, no doubt setting something up while we're gone.  I don't think there's internet where we're going. Maybe I'll find a wifi spot somewhere and blog. Hmm.

Six long hours.

8 comments:

  1. Have you asked him not to put your things in the floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "what's good for the goose is NOT good for the gander" principle he lives by is KILLING me. RILEY wants to smack him upside the head. (Until he can speak I'm gonna keep putting words in his mouth. ha!) How long are you guys gonna be gone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack...in Miami ....kids are fighting!!! Grrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never answered me when I asked here and on text when you're coming back, but I assume you're back now. How was the rest of the vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the rest of the vacation was ok... except for the first day, I didn't feel like I was on vacation with the family. I felt like they were on vacation and I was just there to make food runs and clean up the house

    ReplyDelete
  6. nursemaid Whine girl? :(

    I keep looking for more posts.

    ReplyDelete